12 February, 2010

making curtains without touching a sewing machine

You should never underestimate the power of curtains. They can add so much to a room. I saw on younghouselove this week how they made curtains without using a sewing machine at all. I thought that I would give it a try. Here are some pictures that I took along the way and some instructions on how you can make your own. Above is the fabric that I chose. (Don't give away my secret but I got this fabric for $1.50 a yard and spent $15 on the whole project!)


  • First, cut your curtains to your desired length and width.


  • place hem tape around edges


  • iron over hem tape


  • peel paper backing off of hem tape


  • fold fabric over hem tape


  • iron over fabric to make hem tape stick
  • Do this to every side, and fold the top over twice to create a place for the curtain rod to go through


You can put another pair of sheer curtains in the middle if you want.



And.. here is the finished product!

1 comment:

  1. Well, aren't those as cute as can be!

    I don't even own a sewing machine, so these are probably the only curtains that I can "make"

    You will have to come see my "nook" and help me pick out fabric for curtains in that room.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...