You should never underestimate the power of curtains. They can add so much to a room. I saw on younghouselove this week how they made curtains without using a sewing machine at all. I thought that I would give it a try. Here are some pictures that I took along the way and some instructions on how you can make your own. Above is the fabric that I chose. (Don't give away my secret but I got this fabric for $1.50 a yard and spent $15 on the whole project!)
- First, cut your curtains to your desired length and width.
- peel paper backing off of hem tape
- fold fabric over hem tape
- iron over fabric to make hem tape stick
- Do this to every side, and fold the top over twice to create a place for the curtain rod to go through
You can put another pair of sheer curtains in the middle if you want.
And.. here is the finished product!